Monday, April 4, 2011

Eat, Pray, Love....

I wanted to see that movie for the longest time. I saw it first advertised on FB and started getting all giggly and silly about it, showing it to Roger, friends, and just plan sitting in stitches. Well, since we don't do the movies that often, waiting for it to get off demand and on the cable channels has been annoying as hell. Not to mention I ordered the book from PBS and the person never sent it...grrr...so, there I was..waiting.


Finally, yesterday, I wake up and sit in the chair waiting for my coffee, having my normal hip pain recovery, and what is on Starz...Eat,Pray,Love!!! Yay!! Only missed 4 minutes, so I didn't move for 2 hours while I finally watched the movie I've been dying to watch.

Now, Eat, Pray, Love got the same negative reviews as other wonderful movies like, The Fountain, City of Joy, and What Dreams May Come, but, just like those movies it was extremely wonderful.  I'm not a huge Julia Roberts fan, all though, I watch most of her movies, but she was so genuine in this movie. The moral of the movie it's self was just outstanding. I know why American critics didn't like it, it was a positive movie, that makes Americans look at themselves and they way we go, go, go and never stop for one moment to breath. We feel we have to EARN our quite time, not just take it. We are so programed to work, pay bills, work, pay bills, that we don't enjoy the, 'Dolce far niente" "pleasure of doing nothing". Such a sweet line of personal enjoyment.

 We, as Americans, focus to much on "earning" everything, EVERYTHING!! In fact, I even tell my children the same thing because it's so programmed into our souls. I tell my girls, "Work first, pleasure later" mmmmm, maybe I should rethink that? Right now, with de schooling, it's a lot of doing nothing, and since I personally stepped down from management, I'm almost doing nothing, but still busy lol. I've begun however to relax much more since stepping down, and to focus on my personal spiritual journey as well. I'm more aware of my children and their growth, however, I'm not earning near the money I'm used to earning lol, guess that's the problem with America, to live you need money, to make money, you need to work, to make the money you need to live here in America, you need to work...A LOT!!

 Such movies as Eat, Pray, Love, The City of Joy, The Fountain, and What Dreams May Come, really make you think...about yourself, your family, your surroundings. I've begun to sit in front of the TV, flipping channels hoping to find a movie like that, often time to great disapointment. Now, I'm still a horror flick fanatic, but, most of my time now is spent only desiring positive re enforcement of life with in my own personal realm. That's why most of the time now, I'm making bread, making butter, cooking dinner, listening to ambient music, meditating, or working to bring my services out more to the Pagan community. I've begun to stop, do nothing, relax, and take in my surroundings. My stresses are not as big as they used to be. When the girl's were in school, and I was managing, I was always trying to achieve something more then where I was. Making the girl's study for tests, homework, CRCTs, making myself set work goals and working consistently to meet them. I never enjoyed cooking for my family then because I was to mentally drained to see the pleasure in it. I never made bread, or worked to learn any organic recipes, because I never had the time to do such pleasures, and, at that time, they weren't pleasures, they were something else I had to work on. Also, funny enough, this is the first time in a LONG time, I'm not worried about money. That's a strange feeling I'm still getting used to.

Remember, you must work to pay bills, but you must breath to survive. Don't let the stresses of making enough money stop you. Look around you, do you REALLY need to order out, do you really NEED that new car, do you really NEED to go to the expensive mall and buy your clothes? I have more ingredients in my cupboards now then pre made food, I have a car that, yes, we are trading in soon, but, for another used car. I have have a job, I still enjoy, but I don't work near as hard on, and am able to enjoy much more, and I'm not as burned out as I was. Also, I'm able to offer myself to my community which I dearly love as I love my family.

Take time today for the docle far niente, you will be amazed the difference...

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed EPL. I liked the book better, though. It was so open and raw, but incredibly well written. The author and I have the same birthday and many of the same issues with depression. We have a number of differences as well, but reading the book helped my husband understand me in a few key ways.

    I don't know why the movie wasn't better received.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment.

I moderate comments just in case they are spam. I'll get to it soon, I promise!!

Kieran

Total Pageviews